Gabriel and Maria were married in a civil service in Great Novgorod, Russia, in 2005 but following Gabriel’s baptism and chrismation into the Orthodox Church a sacramental church marriage was performed at St. Mary & St. Felix Orthodox Church at Babingley on 25 April 2010.
On Saturday, 11th November, at St Thomas’ Church, Charlton, many clergy, members and friends of the British Orthodox Church, and members of the British Orthodox Fellowship, gathered for the ordination of Deacon Seraphim Mina to the priesthood by Abba Seraphim, Metropolitan of Glastonbury. Read more ►
Abba Seraphim spoke at Mickfield in Suffolk at 7.30 p.m. on 22 September. He spoke on the Liturgy and Orthodox Worship. Asking ‘what do we mean by worship’, he spoke on the theme of God being ‘worthy’ of our adoration and prayer.
He reminded us that the Liturgy here on earth is but a reflection of the Divine Liturgy which is worshipped in Heaven; Protestants, he remarked, in one of those dry asides that also enlighten as well as amuse, might well be surprised at the incense hereafter! Read more ►
- 8 December 2013
- Morning Incense & Divine Liturgy: BournemouthWorship commences 09.30
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: DoncasterRaising of Incense – 9:45am
Divine Liturgy – 10:30am
- Morning Prayers: ChathamMorning Prayer: 10:30 am
Led by the Subdeacons
- Morning Prayer: Babingley10.30am Morning Prayer
- Advent Carol Service: BournemouthWorship commences 16:00