The United Copts of Great Britain organised a peaceful protest on Saturday, 15 January, in Whitehall opposite the entrance to Downing Street. A large group of Copts from churches in London, Bromley and Rotherham gathered between noon and 3.00 p.m. holding crosses and banners recalling recent sectarian attacks on Copts in Egypt.
Several Coptic clergy were present and Abba Seraphim and Father Sergius Scott were there to represent the British Orthodox Church. Among their supporters were Baroness Cox and Dr. Charles Tannock, Conservative MEP for the London Region, who are both passionate supporters of Christians suffering persecution. Dr. Tannock addressed the gathering and promised to raise the issue at the European Parliament next week.
- 19 April 2014
- Joyous Saturday: BournemouthSaturday Worship 10.00
Paschal Vigil Liturgy 22.00
- Eve of the Feast of Holy Pascha: BabingleyEve of the Feast of Holy Pascha (Orthodox Easter)
4.00 -6.00 p.m A priest will be available for confessions.
7.00 p.m. Divine Liturgy for Holy Pascha
- 20 April 2014
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: DoncasterRaising of Incense – 9:45am
Divine Liturgy – 10:30am
- Holy Pascha: BournemouthMorning Prayer with Holy Communion 10.00
Followed by Memorial Prayers, commencing at Church & continuing in
Wimborne Road cemetery
- No service: Babingley10.30 a.m. No service because of the celebration on Pascha Eve.