The United Copts of Great Britain organised a peaceful protest on Saturday, 15 January, in Whitehall opposite the entrance to Downing Street. A large group of Copts from churches in London, Bromley and Rotherham gathered between noon and 3.00 p.m. holding crosses and banners recalling recent sectarian attacks on Copts in Egypt.
Several Coptic clergy were present and Abba Seraphim and Father Sergius Scott were there to represent the British Orthodox Church. Among their supporters were Baroness Cox and Dr. Charles Tannock, Conservative MEP for the London Region, who are both passionate supporters of Christians suffering persecution. Dr. Tannock addressed the gathering and promised to raise the issue at the European Parliament next week.
- 22 June 2013
- Orthodox Liturgy: Windsor MissionOrthodox Liturgy at St Andrews
Raising of Incense: 9:30 am
Liturgy of St James: 10:00 am
Refreshments and shared lunch to follow
- 23 June 2013
- Morning Incense & Divine Liturgy: BournemouthWorship commences 09.30
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: DoncasterRaising of Incense – 9:45am
Divine Liturgy – 10:30am
- Feast of Pentecost : Babingley10.00am Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy
- Raising of Incense and Liturgy: ChathamRaising of Incense: 10:00 am
Liturgy of St James: 10:30 am
Refreshments to follow