The appalling attack on a local soldier by militant extremists, which took place in Woolwich, south London, this afternoon, occurred only a short walk from the BOC Church Secretariat. Abba Seraphim was home at the time and noticed the sound of helicopters overhead. In a statement this evening he said that our prayers go out for the victim and his friends and family as well as his colleagues at the Woolwich Barracks. In an area where local people have worked hard to promote good community relations among a diverse population, this must appear as a significant setback. He hoped, therefore, that religious and community leaders, of all traditions, would be absolute in their condemnation of this brutal murder and unequivocal in their rejection of violence – both in their language and their actions – as only this can restore trust and respect, which the evil perpetrators were clearly intent on destroying.
- 22 December 2013
- Morning Incense & Divine Liturgy: BournemouthWorship commences 09.30
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: DoncasterRaising of Incense – 9:45am
Divine Liturgy – 10:30am
- Raising of Incense and Liturgy: ChathamRaising of Incense: 10:00 am
Divine Liturgy: 10:30 am
- Morning Prayer: Babingley10.30am Morning Prayer
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: CharltonRaising of Incense 2.00 p.m.
Divine Liturgy 2.30 p.m.
- Prince of Wales’ concern for Middle-Eastern Christians
- Inspirational talk by HRH Prince Hassan of Jordan
- Thanksgiving Service for Bishop Geoffrey Rowell’s retirement
- Relaunch of Asylum Advocacy Group
- Father Shenouda’s wise words about tragic death of Eritrean refugees
- Visit to Syriac Monasteries: 8-12 October