For over a decade, during the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, St. Mary & St. Felix British Orthodox Church at Babingley, on the Sandringham Estate, has made its contribution a lecture followed by the Raising of Evening Incense. The snow and poor weather conditions in January, however, obliged this to be postponed and it was rescheduled to 1 June when the weather was better, even if not summer.
The speaker was a Norfolk lawyer, Nicholas Crampton, founder of ‘Eastern Christian Links’, an organisation established some years ago to foster understanding with and promote knowledge of the Christian Churches of the East. His subject “Nicaea Revisited” was an eloquent appeal to treat the first Ecumenical Council, held in Nicaea in 325, as a foundation stone of theological dialogue between all mainstream Christian traditions.
- 2 August 2014
- Morning Prayer: PortsmouthMorning Prayer 10.00
- 3 August 2014
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: DoncasterRaising of Incense – 9:45am
Divine Liturgy – 10:30am
- Morning Prayer: BournemouthMorning Prayer 10.00
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: Babingley10.30 a.m. Morning Incense
11.30 a.m. Divine Liturgy
- 5 August 2014
- Divine Liturgy: Morden College, LondonDivine Liturgy: 9.45am