The new series of the BOC London Mission Study Evenings at Shadwell will be on the theme of “Understanding the Liturgy” and will be led by Abba Seraphim. They will focus on the Liturgies of St. James as used in the British Orthodox Church and St. Basil, as used in the Coptic Orthodox Church. Apart from improving understanding of liturgical worship, they will focus on the symbolism of certain liturgical actions and will make comparisons between the two ancient rites. The first session will be on 18 April and deals with ‘The Enarxis or Preparation'; this will be followed on 16 May with ‘Processions & Entrances’ and the series will conclude on 13 June with ‘Fraction & Consecration’.
All Study Sessions begin with a short Evening Prayer at 7.,30 p.m. followed by the Study Session between 7.45 – 9.00 p.m. when light refreshments are served.
- 4 October 2014
- Morning Incense & Divine Liturgy: PortsmouthMorning Incense & Divine Liturgy 10am
- 5 October 2014
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: DoncasterRaising of Incense – 9:45am
Divine Liturgy – 10:30am
- Morning Prayer: BournemouthMorning Prayer 10.00
- 7 October 2014
- Divine Liturgy: Morden College, LondonDivine Liturgy: 9.45am
- 11 October 2014
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: Shadwell9.30 am Raising of Incense
10.00 am Liturgy of St. James
11.45 am Refreshments