On 8 March Abba Seraphim attended the last in the present series of Late Antique & Byzantine Seminars at King’s College, London, which was given by Dr. Irene Giviashili, Postdoctoral Fellow. Although a centre of the ancient Georgian principality of Tao-Klarjeti, which comprised what is now the north-eastern Turkish provinces of Erzurum, Artvin, Ardahan and Kars, it was one of the most important ecclesiastical centres of ancient Georgia and today remains a centre of pilgrimage and academic study. Sadly, in recent years it has been neglected and vandalised but serious conservation co-operation is being discussed between the Georgian and Turkish governments to preserve this significant site.
- 27 July 2014
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: DoncasterRaising of Incense – 9:45am
Divine Liturgy – 10:30am
- Morning Prayer: BournemouthMorning Prayer 10.00
- Morning Prayer: Babingley10.30am Morning Prayer
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: CharltonRaising of Incense 2.00 p.m.
Divine Liturgy 2.30 p.m.
- 2 August 2014
- Morning Prayer: PortsmouthMorning Prayer 10.00