On 21 August, accompanied by Deacon Theodore de Quincey, Abba Seraphim attended a Thanksgiving Service for the life and ministry of the late Archpriest Michael Harper (1931-2010), formerly Dean of the Antiochian Orthodox Deanery of the United Kingdom & Ireland. The service, which was held at St. George’s Orthodox Cathedral at Regent’s Park, London, was conducted by Archpriest Gregory Hallam, the present Dean, and Father Alexander Tefft.
After a Molieban of Thanksgiving, Father Jonathan Hemmings gave a meditative address which was followed by six short addresses and a eulogy by an ecumenical gathering of those who had collaborated closely with Fr. Michael at different stages of his ministry. The choir was led by Father Michael’s widow, Presbytera Jeanne, and a concluding appreciative statement made by Father Samir Gholam, the priest of the Cathedral’s parish. Light refreshments and fellowship followed in the Cathedral’s hall. Abba Seraphim had been unable to attend Fr. Michael’s funeral in January as he was in Kerala, although both Fr. Simon Smyth and Fr. Peter Farrington attended in his stead.
- 14 December 2013
- Morning Incense & Divine Liturgy: PortsmouthMorning Incense & Divine Liturgy 10am
- 15 December 2013
- Morning Prayer: BournemouthMorning Prayer: 9.30am
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: DoncasterRaising of Incense – 9:45am
Divine Liturgy – 10:30am
- Southampton: Morning PrayerMorning Prayer (10.00) (Holy Trinity Church)
- Raising of Incense and Liturgy: ChathamRaising of Incense: 10:00 am
Divine Liturgy: 10:30 am