In an unexpected move, the date for electing the new Pope & Patriarch of Alexandria has been brought forward by almost a month, so that the elections previously set for 24 November will now take place on 29 October, preceded by three days of prayer and fasting. Polling will take place between 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. Cairo time and counting will take place directly following, with the results to be announced the same evening. The three names receiving the greatest number of votes will then go forward for the Altar Ballot, which will now be held on Sunday, 4 November.
It is expected that the enthronement of the new Pope will take place on Sunday, 18 November to avoid the beginning of the Kiakh Fast, which starts on 25 November.
- 28 September 2014
- Morning Incense & Divine Liturgy: BournemouthMorning Incense 09.30, Divine Liturgy 10.15
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: DoncasterRaising of Incense – 9:45am
Divine Liturgy – 10:30am
- Morning Prayer: Babingley10.30am Morning Prayer
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: CharltonRaising of Incense 2.00 p.m.
Divine Liturgy 2.30 p.m.
- 4 October 2014
- Morning Incense & Divine Liturgy: PortsmouthMorning Incense & Divine Liturgy 10am