Your Holiness, dear Father in God,
For the second time this year it is my melancholy duty to send to you the profound condolences of your British Orthodox clergy and faithful at the deaths of so many faithful Christians who were peacefully protesting against recent attacks on Coptic churches. We join wholeheartedly in the three days of prayer and fasting and share the grief and shock which the loss of so many innocent lives deserves.
We also extend our deep sympathy to the families and friends of all the departed as well as well as those who were injured in the vicious and unwarranted attacks which took place.
We earnestly pray for peace and justice in Egypt so that all sections of society may be united in rebuilding a free and fair society so that the people of Egypt may be united together in common cause for the benefit of all.
We thank God for preserving Your Holiness in health and safety to lead the church and ask Him to uphold you in your sacred ministry.
Commending myself to Your Holiness’s prayers.
Your loving and faithful son-in-Christ,
- 19 April 2014
- Joyous Saturday: BournemouthSaturday Worship 10.00
Paschal Vigil Liturgy 22.00
- Eve of the Feast of Holy Pascha: BabingleyEve of the Feast of Holy Pascha (Orthodox Easter)
4.00 -6.00 p.m A priest will be available for confessions.
7.00 p.m. Divine Liturgy for Holy Pascha
- 20 April 2014
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: DoncasterRaising of Incense – 9:45am
Divine Liturgy – 10:30am
- Holy Pascha: BournemouthMorning Prayer with Holy Communion 10.00
Followed by Memorial Prayers, commencing at Church & continuing in
Wimborne Road cemetery
- No service: Babingley10.30 a.m. No service because of the celebration on Pascha Eve.