Abba Seraphim, accompanied by Father Gregory Tillett, were in Dublin on 21 & 22 June, during which time they visited the Chester Beatty Library at Dublin Castle. The Library houses the great collection of manuscripts, miniature paintings, prints, drawings, rare books and some decorative arts assembled by Sir Albert Chester Beatty (1875-1968). These include Biblical Papyri, dating from the second to the fourth century AD, consisting of the earliest known copies of the four gospels and Acts of the Apostles, the Letters of St Paul, the Book of Revelation and various very early Old Testament fragments. In addition to these they viewed some of the magnificent collection of Armenian, Coptic, Ethiopic & Syriac manuscripts.
They also visited and dined with an old friend, Archimandrite Serge Keleher of the Greek Catholic Church, with whom they spent a delightful evening.
- 6 September 2014
- Morning Incense & Divine Liturgy: PortsmouthMorning Incense & Divine Liturgy 10am
- 7 September 2014
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: DoncasterRaising of Incense – 9:45am
Divine Liturgy – 10:30am
- Morning Prayer: BournemouthMorning Prayer 10.00
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: Babingley10.30 a.m. Morning Incense
11.30 a.m. Divine Liturgy
- 13 September 2014
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: Shadwell9.30 am Raising of Incense
10.00 am Liturgy of St. James
11.45 am Refreshments