Abba Seraphim presided over the half-yearly Synod of the British Orthodox Church which was held at the Church Secretariat at Charlton on Saturday morning, 3 July. The Synod was established by article 10 of the 1994 Protocol and exists to assist the Metropolitan in the day to day administration of the Church. After receiving reports from all the churches and missions, as well as other church committees, it reviewed the previous six months and planned strategies for future mission and activities.
On 15 April Abba Seraphim was at St. Anne’s Hospital, South Tottenham, a centre for inpatient mental health care in Haringey, to visit Keith Watson, a reader at the Charlton parish. Keith has suffered from health problems for most of his adult life and has been cared for at St. Anne’s on a number of occasions. He took with him the good wishes and assurance of prayers from the clergy and faithful at Charlton.
- 10 December 2013
- Divine Liturgy: Morden College, LondonDivine Liturgy: 9.45am
- 12 December 2013
- Evening Prayer & Discussion: Shadwell7.30pm Evening Prayer
7.45pm Talk and discussion
- 14 December 2013
- Morning Incense & Divine Liturgy: PortsmouthMorning Incense & Divine Liturgy 10am
- 15 December 2013
- Morning Prayer: BournemouthMorning Prayer: 9.30am
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: DoncasterRaising of Incense – 9:45am
Divine Liturgy – 10:30am