- Press Release on the union of Coptic and British Orthodox Churches
- On the Trail of Seven Coptic Monks in Ireland
- With Lynch to Holy Etchmiadzin
- The Coptic Orthodox Church under Islam
- Journey Into Artsakh
- Biographies of former BOC members
- The Liturgy of St James – Abba Seraphim
- The Liturgy of St James – Fr John Ross
- The Fraction in The Coptic Orthodox Liturgy
- The Ministry of the Deacon in the Liturgy of Saint James
- The Divine Liturgy of Saint James
- That They May be One – 3:2 St. Timothy Aelurus of Alexandria
- That They May be One – 3:1 St. Timothy Aelurus of Alexandria
- That They May be One – 2. The Humanity of Christ
- That They May Be One – 1. Reflections on Christian Unity
- New Age or Old Faith
- One Lord, One Faith: Why Orthodox don’t practice Open Communion
- Pope Shenoudas El Kosheh Declaration
- Christian Spirituality in a Changing World
- The Saints – Pattern of Christian Virtue
- Reconstructing Celtic Spirituality: Searching for a Western Early Church
Everything for your Spirituality – His Holiness Pope Shenouda III
God created everything for your spirituality…
Heaven and Earth are not for your material benefit. They are also for your spiritual benefit, if you are able to extract the spiritual lessons they offer you. “The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament shows His handiwork.” (Ps 19:1)
The Bible is not only for religious knowledge. It is also for your spiritual growth, “…The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63) There is a big difference in reading the Bible for study and reading it for spiritual benefit.
Service, also, is not just education. Education is merely a means to lead to the spiritualities. Therefore there is a big difference between one type of education and another.
There is an education that addresses yourmind, and another education that fills your heart. One education turns you into a learned man and the other turns you into a worshipper…
The education that you undertake is not only for the spirituality of others but also for your own spirituality.
You benefit as much as your listeners benefit. If you do not benefit with them, they surely would not benefit from what you said since the talk would have lost its spiritual effect.
Hymns and chants at church are not just music and tunes. They are prayers directed to God. They have their depth and effect on your heart and your spirituality…
Therefore, there is a difference between the one who just sings and the one who chants hymns.
The same applies to all the spiritual means…
Even all the incidents you experience are permitted by God so you can gain a spiritual benefit from them…
There are those who become nervously, psychologically or mentally affected by incidents. Others are affected spiritually by whatever events they experience; everything that happens to them makes them closer to God…
Also, people that you meet are sent by God. Passing your way, they are for your own spiritual benefit, if you know how to benefit from them.
The righteous present you with an example and a blessing, while you benefit endurance, patience and forgiveness for others from the evil.
From ‘Words of Spiritual Benefit II