The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Oriental Orthodox Library titles availability
24-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Oriental Orthodox Library titles availability
I received the following letter this morning from Daren [sic] Kearl, Community Librarian for Dover District, Dover Library, Dover Discovery Centre, Market Square, Dover CT16 1PB. It's dated 22 March 2007 and reads:
Quote:Dear Mr Fletcher
Thank you for your comment card dated 5th March 2007 regarding considering Oriental Orthodox Library titles for stock. I am afraid we cannot purchase these titles as they appear to be only available in the USA, and our suppliers would not be able to source them. As a secondary matter I would also be concerned that these titles would have a limited appeal in subject matter and audience level for the investment made.

Are Oriental Orthodox Library titles only available in the USA as the letter states? This seems odd to me.
24-03-2007, 12:48 PM
OOL
Dear Mark,

Peter will give the definitive answer, but I order all mine on line here and they come from European sources.

The Librarian may well be accessing the Lulu site and not realising that you can get the prices in dollars or sterling.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)
30-03-2007, 10:06 PM
OOL
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

On the subject of the OOL, I can highly recommend all of the books, but the volumes of St. Cyril are wonderful ones to have, not least since they are to all intents and purposes unavailable in book form elsewhere.

I am looking forward to the next set of volumes.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)
10-05-2007, 03:43 PM

Would it be possible to obtain the books direct in the UK, rather than through the internet? Ie, via my local Chrisitan bookshop, or direct from you peter.

[b]Fides Qu?rens Intellectum[/b]
10-05-2007, 06:13 PM

Hi Antony

Yes, you can order them from me if you like, although they are actually printed in the UK in any case.

Which one(s) might you be interested in?

Peter
11-05-2007, 11:39 AM

admin Wrote:Hi Antony

Yes, you can order them from me if you like, although they are actually printed in the UK in any case.

Which one(s) might you be interested in?

Peter

Planning ahead (over the next 6 months) I think I would start with the volume of Philoxenus, and the 2 vols of Cyril's comm on John.

[b]Fides Qu?rens Intellectum[/b]

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved