The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bulletin and Retreat
15-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Bulletin and Retreat
Page 3 of the British Orthodox Fellowship Handbook 'Our Daily Life' contains the following sentence:
Quote:The British Orthodox Fellowship produces a bulletin twice a year, which keeps members up to date with developments, and also organises an annual weekend retreat, so that members can spend time with Orthodox Christians and share with them in worship and discussion.
I just wondered if there was any news about either of these things.

Just for the record, this marvellous set of internet forums appears to meet my needs beautifully. As I may not be able to afford to attend a weekend retreat, the issue is only of marginal interest! I just wondered how the Fellowship was progressing, and wanted to thank Peter Theodore Farrington for all his hard work. I hope that it is bearing fruit.
15-03-2007, 10:08 PM

Hi Mark

The first edition of the magazine is due out shortly. We are just waiting for the order to be produced by the printers. I am very pleased indeed with it. It looks very professional.

I do plan to organise a retreat of some sort later in the year, but we do have a study day planned in Suffolk on the 9th June. I am sure we can organise some travel arrangements so that you, and Marian if she wanted, and others from Kent, could attend and participate.

Best wishes and thanks for your support, it is appreciated.

Peter
15-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Fellowship
Dear Mark,

Having now seen a draft copy, I can say it looks wonderful (apart from one of the photographs inside!)- and I hope members will find it a source of strength and information.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)
16-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Thanks
Many thanks for your responses. I am so pleased that the Fellowship is bearing fruit. The magazine sounds wonderful. May the Fellowship continue to flourish under the sterling efforts and hard work of Peter Theodore Farrington. May God bless you both, Peter Theodore and John.

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved