The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
British Orthodox Church Calendar
20-02-2007, 11:56 AM
British Orthodox Church Calendar
Does the British Orthodox Church (BOC) publish a Calendar giving details of Fasts, Feasts, Pre-Festive and Post-Festive Periods etc.?

I have just finished reading 'What We Believe About The Church Year' in 'Introducing The Orthodox Church' (Coniaris). I realise that the Greek Orthodox dates given therein will not correspond to the BOC ones in most respects.

Where can I get this information from? It all seems rather complicated at the moment. Bearing in mind I'm only able to attend my nearest Church once a month, perhaps it's all rather immaterial in one sense. I suppose I can sit at home drinking a cup of tea and occasionally think the appropriate thoughts for the relevant day! I don't mean to be disrespectful, but it all seems rather detached from my everyday life somehow.
20-02-2007, 12:28 PM

Hi Mark

We used to have it on the website but the database got corrupted and so it isn't there at the moment.

Father Simon and one of our members, James, are doing some work and I hope that their material will start appearing on the website as they are happy with it.

It is useful, and to have some sense of the times and seasons of the Church is a wonderful environment and context in which to practice our spirituality.

Peter
20-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks
Many thanks for your posting. That's good to hear. I'm grateful.

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved