The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Our MTh scholars
07-11-2011, 03:05 PM

Dear vrc,

Good to hear from you - I hope all is going well for you.

You have set quite a task! However, in brief my own thoughts are as follows.

Taking the second and third points, inevitably there has been some intellectual development which in turn offers opportunities for a fresh view of certain issues. That, after all, is one of the main reasons for undertaking the course. I wanted to learn more about Orthodoxy, the masters itself is a secondary consideration for me.

As for the monastic and spiritual experience, this has been rewarding. With a background of RCC monasticism it was particularly interesting to observe the distinct character of the OC cenobitic life. This inevitably included their spiritual practices which were both helpful and uplifting. The visit itself was particularly prayerful and spiritually refreshing, and we are looking into whether we might have a brief retreat there next year for our Solent churches.

I recognise that this is a very generalised response. However, if you have any specific queries I am happy to try to focus on them if you let me know. If it is relevant to you, checkout the website for Winchester University, where I think you will find course outlines etc.

With love and prayers,
Antony-Paul

Messages In This Thread
Our MTh scholars - Fr Gregory - 09-09-2011, 08:01 AM
[] - DanielM - 09-09-2011, 11:27 PM
[] - Antony-Paul - 10-09-2011, 06:51 PM
[] - vrc - 07-11-2011, 08:00 AM
[] - Antony-Paul - 07-11-2011 03:05 PM
[] - DanielM - 13-11-2011, 11:36 PM
[] - vrc - 14-11-2011, 08:46 AM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved