The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Merry Christmas
23-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Merry Christmas
I know I am posting this 2 days early, but I thought it would give anyone on here time to reply before Christmas.

I wish you all a very happy and Holy Christmas. And pray you have an equally peaceful new year.

In Christ,
Daniel

"The true Christian is a warrior making his way through the regiments of the invisible enemy to his heavenly homeland." - St Herman of Alaska.
23-12-2010, 01:41 PM

Yes, indeed Daniel,

I wish everyone a Happy and Holy Christmas. May the Christ Child bestow on us all His Blessings.

With love and prayers,
Antony-Paul
24-12-2010, 08:44 PM

In Sydney we have awoken to a brilliant blue sky and intense sunshine – it promises to be a wonderfully hot and typical Australian Christmas Day! A sharp contrast to the traditional British Christmas.

So from the other side of the world I offer my prayers and best wishes for my brothers and sisters in Britain – may He Who was born on earth at this time bring you joy and peace!

There are, you may be surprised to know, some traditional Australian Christmas carols reflecting our climate. My favourite is this:

The North Wind

The north wind is tossing the leaves
the red dust is over the town
The sparrows are under the eaves
And the grass in the paddock is brown
As we lift up our voices and sing
To the Christ child the heavenly king.

The tree ferns in green gullies sway
the cool stream flows silently by
the joy bells are greeting the day
And the chimes are adrift in the sky
As we lift up our voices and sing
To the Christ child the heavenly king.

Unfortunately, I was not able to find a good recording of it on the web, so I offer another one I particularly like – a sort of Australian equivalent to “We Three Kings” - “The Three Drovers”. An excellent rendition of it can be found at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wqoFg6Vabo&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wqoFg6V ... re=related</a><!-- m -->

In Xto

Fr Gregory
24-12-2010, 09:01 PM

just adding my good wishes for all on this site for a peaceful and love-filled Xmas

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved