The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coptic Orthodoxy: A Systematic Presentation
23-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Conversations
Dear Peter,

I hope your business in Finland goes well. It is good to hear from you.

It would be great if we could get a few of Pope Shenouda's works in a better translation - like you, I am enouraged by Mark's reaction, and it would be good to see what others felt.

Would it be worth making a post here asking people about it?

In Christ,

John

p.s. looking outside I see Norfolk weather is trying to rival that of Finland!

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)
16-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Morning and Evening Incense
Dear Mark, Dear Peter,

I have just finished reading Fr. Gregory's excellent Morning and Evening Incense. Not only was it an enjoyable and informative read, it was also wonderful to have the texts of the two services and the prayers.

Is there any chance of bringing together some of the Review pieces on the Liturgy of St. James into a similar publication?

I have a small book of Eastern Orthodox Prayers by +Kallistos, but it would be marvellous to have something similar for Oriental Orthodoxy.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved