The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please Pray For Us
20-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Please Pray For Us
Please pray for Mark Fletcher and a friend of mine Marian Munt. We are both enquirers into Orthodoxy and think that we have perhaps found what we are looking for here in the British Orthodox Fellowship and Church. Ask that we may both come to an understanding of the Orthodox faith and find within it a living and loving relationship with God. Thanks.
20-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Re: Please Pray For Us
Mark Fletcher Wrote:Please pray for Mark Fletcher and a friend of mine Marian Munt. We are both enquirers into Orthodoxy and think that we have perhaps found what we are looking for here in the British Orthodox Fellowship and Church. Ask that we may both come to an understanding of the Orthodox faith and find within it a living and loving relationship with God. Thanks.

Dear Mark,

You are both in my prayers. It is a long, and at times, lonely journey, and I hope that this website and its fellowship will make it less so.

At the moment I am a catechumen, and am learning that Orthodoxy is a life long journey towards theosis, and that its riches are beyond my ability to describe.

There have been moments of sadness, such as my decision that I could not, in all conscience attend my old Anglican Church; I am still fond of it and its people, but the services have not moved me for so long, and I felt I could not keep going. There has also been the sadness of seeing that Orthodoxy is almost as differentiated as Anglicanism, but not at the same deep level, thank goodness; but the ecclesiological divisions are sad enough, and I have found that some Russian Orthodox are rather narrow in their conception of what it means to 'love one another'; still, one will find that almost anywhere.

These all pale into nothingness against the spiritual nourishment of Orthodoxy, and I do feel that the BOC is the best way to Orthodoxy for those of us who do not want to get involved in the exoticism of being 'Russian' or 'Greek'. The Copts have been wonderfully eirenic and generous - they do not act like that steward who buried his talent so that he could return it to his master intact.

I hope you will feel able to post here on anything you want to; it would be good to get some discussions going.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)
28-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Prayers
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Might I suggest that where we can, we make special mention of Mark and Marian in our prayers; in the light of recent events this seems a loving and Christian thing for us to do.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)
02-04-2007, 08:19 AM

Yes of course John. And I am sure that many of us are.

I can't see that we could have done more or differently than we have, and I am pleased that this community could cope with such diverse views as he presented without much difficulty.

May the Lord continue to have mercy on them both, and on us all.

Peter
03-04-2007, 07:42 PM

Dear Peter,

I also agree, I will continue to pray for Mark and Marion for there future and their faith in God.

May I wish you all a very Holy and Peaceful Easter Week.

God Bless,

ROBIN

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved