The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BOC Conference or seminar
10-12-2006, 10:26 PM
BOC Conference or seminar
Brothers and sisters in Christ,

In another thread, Jackie-Sarah has raised the idea of whether there would be any support for the idea of a conference or seminar on Orthodoxy - so I thought we probably ought to move the notion here as a question to all of us.

As a somewhat dispersed community, there might be an advantage in having such a meeting. There are so many questions I am sure that we all have, and something on the background to the BOC, on the Coptic Church and on Oriental Orthodoxy might well be something we could do with.

I know that Peter Farrington has thought of doing something like this, but perhaps this would be a good opportunity to float this balloon and see what the reaction is?

Any thoughts, folks?

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)
18-12-2006, 11:23 AM

Dear friends,

It has certainly been part of the development of the British Orthodox Fellowship that there should be perhaps a residential weekend conference each year so that folk could come together for fellowship and an opportunity to learn and experience some aspects of Orthodoxy together.

But I think there is also value in some regional day events being organised as the membership of the Fellowship continues to grow.

What do folk think about these two ideas?

Peter
20-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Opportunities for fellowship
Yes, I think that both of these are very good ideas. For people on low incomes like myself, regional events would perhaps be less expensive to travel to and therefore are preferable to me.
20-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Regional Events
Dear Mark, Dear Peter,

I am sure that many would agree with Mark. It would be excellent if we could manage to put something together along these lines. Of course, it depends, in part, on where 'local' is! I know that here on the Norfolk/Suffolk border (passport controls!) we get people coming from as far as St. Albans at times.

I don't know whether there would be any possibility of doing something at the Cathedral at Stevenage at any point for those within a 100 mile radius?

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved