The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Towards Orthodox Unity
09-11-2008, 06:50 AM
Towards Orthodox Unity
Good day everyone,
Its wonderful to be here. I am new here, basically from the Indian Orthodox Church and presently residing in the UAE. Due to its metropolitan nature, the UAE has people from some 200 nationalities. I came across this site while researching for Orthodox-friendly material.

I was wondering if we could discuss the status of the relations between the 2 families of Orthodoxy-The Eastern & the Oriental. I don't know if this has been discussed here before. From what I gather, the findings of the appointed Commission indicate that there is agreement on Christology and has actually been so always. Instead it was the language / interpretation / politics of the day (15 centuries ago) that caused this difference of opinion and the unfortunate schism in the first place. Since I and am sure most others here fervently pray for this re-unification of the 2 families towards having mutual and full communion, I hope some of us here could discuss the progress made on this front.

God bless,
Paulos
04-12-2008, 10:05 PM

Dear Paulos,

Welcome here.
The BOC welcomes all moves towards a greater understanding amongst the Orthodox.

Our site on Orthodox unity (links on the BOC site) contains many of the important documents on this subject.

I, and I am sure others here, would be happy to discuss this further.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved