The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
martin cobley
11-07-2008, 08:18 AM
martin cobley
Please pray for Martin Cobley who has come off heroin, is now on methodone, and will shortly be accepted into the care of the Kenward Trust. Please pray that he has the strength to get through the next few days and that, with God's help, he will emerge renewed.

We should also pray for all addicts, whether on drugs or alcohol, who require not our condemnation, but rather love and help in accordance with Christ's will.

Kirk Yacoub
17-07-2008, 05:58 PM

Dear Kirk,

My prayers are with him and with all who try to escape this addiction - as well as with those who help.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)
09-10-2008, 08:19 AM
martin cobley
With thanks to all those who have prayed for him, Martin is entering a detox centre on Monday 13th October, from where he will be going to a rehab unit for six months. All this after almost a year on the streets, encountering all sorts of problems regarding red tape, all met with great determination and, recently, a return to his mother's Roman Catholic Church. Please pray for his continued success under the wing of God's grace.

Kirk Yacoub
11-10-2008, 11:34 AM

Dear Kirk,

I will hold him in my prayers.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved