The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BOC Conference at Mickfield
10-05-2008, 09:26 PM
BOC Conference at Mickfield
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

A brief opening word in what I hope will be a longer thread discussing some of the issues which came out of the conference today, just to say a thank you to everyone who was there. It was wonderful to see so many of us together, and for newcomers such as myself, a particular privilege and pleasure to see those who had travelled from Cusworth.

An idyllic summer's day in the Suffolk countryside in a medieval church with fellow pilgrims on our journey - it does not, as they say, get much better. It would be invidious to single any one talk out, and I, for one, am just amazed at Peter Farrington's stamina and ability to do so many for us; but perhaps an exception might be made for the inspiring address by Fr. Seraphim Mina? I suspect I speak for us all in saying that it was a privilege to listen to such an exposition on the role of the priest.

I hope others will feel free to post their thoughts and that we can carry forward some of the themes from what was a splendid and blessed event.

We are much in the debt of Mark and Faith Wright and their band of helpers who looked after us so well. Their recognition of the unique atmosphere at St. Andrew's and their restoration of it is, indeed, a great witness. As Fr. Seraphim Mina put it: 'If you ever decide to found a monastery here, I'm signing up first!'

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)

Messages In This Thread
BOC Conference at Mickfield - John Charmley - 10-05-2008 09:26 PM
[] - Robin Westwood - 11-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Further thoughts - John Charmley - 11-05-2008, 12:00 PM
[] - admin - 12-05-2008, 08:46 AM
[] - Michael Kennedy - 12-05-2008, 10:34 AM
[] - John Charmley - 13-05-2008, 02:04 AM
[] - Michael - 16-05-2008, 10:53 AM
[] - John Charmley - 16-05-2008, 01:43 PM
[] - Michael - 18-05-2008, 05:59 PM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved