The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A prayer for my parents in law
19-04-2008, 04:25 PM
A prayer for my parents in law
My wife's mother, Mrs. Joyce Heap, who has been suffering from dementia for a while now, has had a serious fall (any fall is when you are in your 80s) and is currently in hospital in a very poor way; we are awaiting medical reports on the prognosis. My father-in-law, Tom, who is 86, and has been married to her for 55 years, is beside himself in worry.

Could I ask members of the Fellowship to remember them both in their prayers, and to add one for my wife, Rachael, who is their eldest child.

Thank you

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)
19-04-2008, 06:29 PM

I'm very sorry to hear that John. And it must be stressful for you and Rachel.

I will certainly make sure that we pray for you all tomorrow at the liturgy and I will pray in my own prayers.

As ever

Peter
20-04-2008, 11:44 AM

Yes John, prayers for your wife, her mom and dad, and yourself.

In Christ,
Rick
20-04-2008, 02:45 PM

Thank you both. She seems 'stable' which in these circumstances is said to be 'good'. But prayer is now all that will avail - but when is that not so?

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)
24-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Update
Can I thank those who have added Joyce and Tom to their prayers. She is now officially out of danger - which is good news indeed.

Because of her dementia they will be keeping her in hospital for a while, but things are much better than they were.

Many thanks,

In Christ,

John

29-04-2008, 07:04 AM
Update
Thank you to all those who are remembering Tom and Joyce in their prayers.

The better news has turned out to be a false dawn. Joyce's position has deteriorated, and she has lost the use of her legs and is now confined to a wheelchair. It looks as though the choices for us are all pretty grim, with a nursing home being the most likely option.

Do remember them, and Rachael, in your prayers.

In Christ,

John

29-04-2008, 08:05 AM

May the Lord have mercy on you all, John

I will certainly add you all to my prayers.

As ever

Peter
29-04-2008, 10:27 AM

Yes, John, prayers for all of you during this time of transition.

In Christ,
Rick
11-06-2008, 08:43 PM

How are things with you John.

You have all been much in my prayers, and I am sure in the prayers of us all.

Your brother in Christ

Peter
11-06-2008, 08:51 PM

Dear Peter,

Many, many thanks. Things continue painfully, both for Rachael and for her parents; but we must bear what is and seek for His comfort. Your prayers are a great support to us all.

In Christ,

John

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved