The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Greetings from a new member
31-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Greetings from a new member
I would like to say hello as a new member to both the Fellowship and this Forum.

My name is Robert McBride and I live in Kettering, Northants and I am a newcommer to Orthodoxy so please be patient with me. I am a retired NHS Senior Manager with a long work history as both a Registered Nurse and Manager.

I am also retired from active ministry as a one time Traditional Anglican Priest and laterally within the Old Catholic movement.

I attended the most wonderful service of Consecration yesterday at Stevenage led by H.H. Pope Shenouda. It was probably one of the most spiritually uplifting events I have ever attended (and believe me I have attended a few over the years!). Never before have I seen a congregation give its Spiritual Leader such an awefilled welcome as they led His Holiness into the Cathedral. Having never met the Bishop of Rome myself I believe yesterday must compare to any Audience given in St Mark's Square.

Whilst at Stevenage I also met with Aba Seraphim and a number of BOC clergy and laity and enjoyed a warm and friendly welcome once I had made my introductions. I hope to travel and join with congregations from Norfolk to Gloucestershire and hopefully beyond.

I look forward to joining in future debates on this Forum as well.

Blessings,

Robert+

"Lord, Support us all the day long of this troublous life". (J.H.Newman).
31-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Welcome here
Dear Robert,

It was good to meet you yesterday, which was, as you say, a most uplifting and edifying occasion.

Do feel free to post any comments, questions or opinions; we're an eirenic and, I hope, friendly bunch here.

Such a shame there is not (yet?) a fellowship in Kettering or the area - but we are His instruments, and we pray for the opportunities to do His will.

It is great to have you here.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)
31-03-2008, 07:30 PM

Dear Robert,

Welcome to the BOC Fellowship and Church, where you will be made most welcome by all.

Yes it is truly wonderful to witness such a moving experience as you did in Stevenage yesterday, a great rarity these days.

God Bless, and I hope that you have many more wonderful moments in Orthodoxy and the Coptic Church in the years to come.

In Christ,

Antony Robin,
BOC Fellowship Cheltenham
01-04-2008, 12:30 AM

Thank you John and Robin for your kind words of welcome and I look forward to contributing to debates.

It is a shame that at the moment the central midlands is a bit of a desert in terms of BOC presence but who knows. We will of course have to wait to see how the Holy Spirit works on this one perhaps?

In Him,

Robert+

"Lord, Support us all the day long of this troublous life". (J.H.Newman).

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved