• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adam as Jesus
12-03-2008, 06:02 AM
Adam as Jesus
Hello, I would like to know where you stand on the following:
Jesus and Adam as the same person
Pre-existance
Polygamy

Other than that I would like to know how to get a church established here in Phoenix AZ, because you are just what I have been waiting for.
Bertie.

I adore you, o God, have mercy King of weak men, oh Lord of a weak planet.
09-05-2008, 12:39 AM
Response to St. Pelagius
St. Pelagius' questions sound like those of a former Mormon. The Latter Day Saints believe in all three doctrines; Adam and Jesus being the same person, the pre-existence of human souls, and the practice of polygamy not just as a tolerated option, but as a necessity for full deification. There doesn't seem to be any evidence that Joseph Smith knew anything about Origen; rather, Smith just accidentally hit upon the idea of human pre-existence.

Just so you know, I was ordained a priest in a small Anglican body in the United States. This is my first post on this forum. Thanks for the opportunity to share my thoughts, and I certainly don't want St. Pelagius to think that I'm a theology fascist who is trying to slam-dunk his questions. May the Lord bless you, brothers!
09-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Thank you
Dear Charles,

Many thanks for your help on this one; I hadn't known there was this coincidence with Mormonism.

You sound the opposite of a theology-fascist - and as Peter and I have met a few, we know!

Good to have you with us.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved