The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
An Introduction to the Councils of the Undivided Church
03-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Lectures
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Having been at Abba Seraphim's first lecture today at Babingley, can I just say that if you can get to the next one, or you get a chance to hear these lectures elsewhere, do so!

The first one managed to compress the complex history of the background to Constantine's conversion into about 45 minutes, without losing anything of the main thrust of the story, and provided an informative - and entertaining - backdrop to Nicaea. Those who have heard Abba Seraphim before will know what I mean when I say that the lecture had all his usual hallmarks: learning lightly worn and skilfully put across; leavened with humour and illuminating comparisons with our own times; and illustrated with interesting contemporary sources.

All that on top of coming up from London and conducting a two hour service! I know I speak for all of us at Babingley when I say thank you to Abba Seraphim. And, as I say, any of you within reach of Babingley in a fortnight's time, do come along.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)

Messages In This Thread
Lectures - John Charmley - 03-06-2007 09:38 PM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved