The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please Pray For Me
05-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Repentance
Dear Mark,

You are quite right. We cannot become perfect through any act of our will, we can only determine to stand before Him in humility and apologise and promise to try to do better - and to ask His help in that. It is, I think, sinful pride to imagine we can do anything ourselves in this line - except repent and try, with His help, to do better in future.

What matters is that one places one's trust in Him, and that one strives in His holy name. If we try any other route we shall surely fail, for He is the way, the truth and the light, and without Him we fail.

Pray for me, a sinner. If any of us thinks he is without sin, he deceives only himself. Remember what He says in Mark 2:17:
Quote:17 When Jesus heard it, He said to them, Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.

You are right, what matters is that you repent in His name, and work to amendment of life in the same.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)

Messages In This Thread
Please Pray For Me - Mark Fletcher - 04-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Prayers - John Charmley - 04-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Many thanks - Mark Fletcher - 05-03-2007, 07:48 AM
Prayer - John Charmley - 05-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Thank you - Mark Fletcher - 05-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Repentance - John Charmley - 05-03-2007 11:01 AM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved