The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ephesians
17-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Knowing and Growing
Dear Mark,

Those further down the path will say more, but for me, the answer is 'yes'.

The process for me is two-fold at the moment. I try to lead the best Christian life I can. What does that mean? It means obeying the 10 commandments and following His precepts about loving God and my fellow man. As I read, as I pray, as I move through my worldly life, I try to be mindful of my Christian duty, and, without ever being 'pi' about it, simply try to behave in a way that will bear witness to His love in this world; sometimes it is hard, but that is when it is worth trying harder.

At the same time, as part of this process, I do find
Quote:The eyes of your understanding being enlightened
. I feel more 'alive', more like the person I am meant to be; if not dead to the old Adam, at least able to see him for what he is, and to aspire to follow my God.

Through the Church and its teaching, through association with my fellow Christians, and through the blessing of the Holy Sacraments, I do feel a growth; I trust and believe in Him, and that it will be a continuous process.

I suppose, to use an analogy which is a little foreign to me, it is like exercising in a gym - you become (I am assured by my step-daughter who does this) more toned and fitter; the same may be true of spiritual exercise in that spiritual gymnasium, the Church.

So, persevere - always,

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)

Messages In This Thread
Ephesians - Mark Fletcher - 17-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Knowing and Growing - John Charmley - 17-02-2007 08:28 PM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved