The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your prayers are requested
15-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Prayer
Dearest to Christ Mark,

You have found the pearl of great price, and Our Lord; now, and always, come the trials, but now you face them leaning on His strength - and with the aid of Fr. Michael, Abba Seraphim and the support of the Church; as you grow and get stronger, you may even feel, at times, you don;t need the support - those are the times you need it most!

It is a serious commitment - but the thing I never realised is the joy that comes from that commitment; Orthodoxy is joy. I'm not a great one for 'enthusiasm', but goodness me, there are times I could shout with the joy of what I have discovered. Totally unsuspected, I have to say, but there it is; and in that sense, the opposite of being 'pi'.

Accept, in obedience, the loving counsel of Abba Seraphim and Fr. Michael; I shan't embarrass either by saying anything about them, but I see from your post you know what I mean. When I became a catechumen, I thought the process might take years, and was prepared for that, so when Abba Seraphim suggested I was ready, I balked - until I remembered to take the counsel I have offered to you; he knew best. To be with Abba Seraphim and Fr. Michael is, in itself, an inspiration, and you know they have the experience and the love to guide you as is needful. To trust in them is, indeed, to trust in Him whom they serve.

As you may have intuited, I do understand what you write about Marian, because my feelings for my wife go in that direction; but if it is His will, it will be done, and I will do only harm by trying to influence my wife. As it is, she is still more than a little amazed at her reaction to Sunday's events; and I know whose work that is!

Glory be to the Lord Most High, who moves in ways mysterious to us, His children, but whose concern is for us, and who has redeemed us through His Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe and we trust in Him, so let us act on that.

Keep praying, my dear Mark, and remember, He died that you might live - and that Marian also might be brought to Eternal Life. I sense your growing, and I sense the troubles and the shadows; so take care, my dear brother in Christ, and our prayers are with you - both.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)

Messages In This Thread
Your prayers are requested - Mark Fletcher - 15-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Prayer - John Charmley - 15-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Thank you - Mark Fletcher - 15-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Prayer - John Charmley - 15-02-2007 08:13 PM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved