The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Japanese earthquake and tsunami
13-03-2011, 06:54 AM
The Japanese earthquake and tsunami
Please remember in your prayers the people of Japan as they face the disaster following the earthquake and the continuing earthquakes, and the tsunami.

An Australian friend of mine who lives and works in Tokyo rang me after the earthquake to let me know he had survived, although his house had been damaged and many things inside had been smashed. As he spoke to me there were continuing aftershocks.

He e-mailed me yesterday evening:

“It is all is very serious here. We have had over 200 aftershocks - more than 100 higher than 5.5. They seem to be coming every 15-30 minutes and sometimes as soon as one quietens down another starts. It seems like the place is constantly moving. Apparently the entire island of Honshu has moved 2.5 metres. We are mostly concerned about the cooling towers of two nuclear reactors which may explode!”

Let us remember before God all the people of Japan, and the Orthodox Church of Japan, its bishop, clergy and faithful, invoking the intercession of Saint Nicholas (Kasatkin), first Orthodox Archbishop of Japan.

Fr Gregory

Messages In This Thread
The Japanese earthquake and tsunami - Fr Gregory - 13-03-2011 06:54 AM
[] - DanielM - 13-03-2011, 07:03 PM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved