The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello Everyone - Alexander
26-01-2007, 10:48 PM
Coptic bibliography
Dear Alexander,

Many thanks for the response; it sounds as though it is an interesting diary, and he must have seen a great deal of the war. Does it confirm the view that has become so popular of that war? Many years ago I wrote a book on a politician who had been a soldier in the Great War, and was struck by his evident enjoyment of the camaraderie, and his acceptance of what he and his men were experiencing.

I do is like the idea of the Coptic bibliography. One of the things that has struck me is the quality of the thought in Pope Shenouda's work, which, although not always well translated, is always rewarding.

I agree with what you say about +Kallistos' work. It is a shame there is so little on the Oriental Orthodox tradition - although I must say that the writings of Peter and Abba Seraphim are great comforts to me; I wonder if, in addition to Our Daily Life something about the OO tradition would be useful?

The Oriental Orthodox Library is a tremendous resource, and as I read my way through its volumes, I am grateful to Peter and to the Church for producing and sponsoring it.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)

Messages In This Thread
Hello Everyone - Alexander - alexander - 25-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Welcome - John Charmley - 25-01-2007, 11:46 PM
[] - alexander - 26-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Coptic bibliography - John Charmley - 26-01-2007 10:48 PM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved