The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
His Holiness Abuna Paulos
12-07-2010, 08:06 PM

I remember being in Cauro in 1994, just three weeks before the British Orthodox Church was received into the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate. One day I walked out of the lift into the corridor and there were the five Eritrean monks chosen to be ordained the first five Eritrean bishops to form their holy synod, sat on the floor. I walked over to them and touched the floor before them, bowing to them... and their faces which had looked so serious beamed in wonderful smiles and they all blessed me. So though I do not know which one of them was His Holiness I know I received a blessing from him - and this has alwas been precous to me. Three weeks after that, in the 1994 Pentecost Liturgy, His Holiness was ordained a bishop within a few minutes of Abba Seraphim being ordained metropolitan for the British Orthodox Church... such links are precious and we do not forget them. Yes, pray for His Holiness the true Patriarch of Eritrea.

Messages In This Thread
His Holiness Abuna Paulos - DanielM - 12-07-2010, 05:33 PM
[] - Fr Simon - 12-07-2010 08:06 PM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved