The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Requirements for Membership
04-12-2009, 04:51 PM

Dear Merlina,

I am not perhaps the best person to answer your query, being only recently come to Orthodoxy from Rome myself, and still studying.

However depending on your needs there are several routes you might follow. If you prefer personal discussion, check the nearest priest to you on the website and make contact. They are all most kind and helpful, and will answer your questions without putting you under any pressure to join. If you wish to read, there are many publications - try the website again for simple outlines of Orthodoxy. A good book is 'The Orthodox Church' by Bishop Kallistos Ware, usually easy to obtain - try Amazon.

Whatever you choose it will take a little while to cover all the issues. In the meantime rest assured that you have our prayers to support you.

I shall highlight your request to my own priest, Father Simon Smythe, because he has a lot of material, and is also developing a teaching package which may help you.

With love and prayers,
Antony-Paul

Messages In This Thread
Requirements for Membership - Merlina - 02-12-2009, 05:51 PM
[] - Antony-Paul - 04-12-2009 04:51 PM
[] - Simon - 04-12-2009, 09:04 PM
[] - mikethelionheart - 30-12-2009, 05:56 PM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved