The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Freemasonry and the Orthodox Church
07-02-2013, 05:49 AM
RE: Thanks for the Feedback
(13-05-2008 09:03 AM)ianaird Wrote:  They require any member to profess a belief in Deity…It allegedly transliterates as "Jehovah-Baal-Osiris" i.e. 3 names for god taken from other traditions…It may be considered a poor linguistic attempt to present the name of God in three languages, such as 'Dios-Dieu-Gott' might be represented in Spanish, French & German… Freemasonry…makes no attempt to…deny…any religion…’

But Deity means the state of someone, anyone, being God. There is only one true God, & since ‘God’ is a title, it can be used without qualification only among people who all agree Whom or whom it means. For the true Christian, it means Father, Son, & Holy Spirit (the Trinity one in essence & undivided), i.e. Jehovah, Jesus Christ, & the Spirit which originates with the Father, proceeding through the Son, if you like. For others, it means SOMEONE ELSE, thus a false god.

Baal is certainly one of these false gods; there are extensive Scriptures proving it: the Lord said to him: thou shalt destroy the altar of Baal… (Jud 6:25) … their fathers forgot my name for Baal. (Jer 23:27) And I have seen folly in the prophets of Samaria: they prophesied in Baal, and deceived my people Israel. (Jer 23:13) And the Lord of hosts that planted thee, hath pronounced evil against thee: for the evils of the house of Israel, and the house of Juda, which they have done to themselves, to provoke me, offering sacrifice to Baalim. (Jer 11:17) For according to the number of thy cities were thy gods, O Juda: and according to the number of the streets of Jerusalem thou hast set up altars of confusion, altars to offer sacrifice to Baalim. (Jer 11:13) And they left all the commandments of the LORD their God, and made them molten images, even two calves, and made a grove, and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served Baal. (II Kgs 17:16) He served also Baal, and worshipped him, and provoked the Lord the God of Israel, according to all that his father had done. (I Kgs 22:53) And I will stretch out my hand upon Juda, and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem: and I will destroy out of this place the remnant of Baal, and the names of the wardens of the temples with the priests: (Zep 1:4) And all that generation was gathered to their fathers: and there arose others that knew not the Lord, and the works which he had done for Israel. And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the Lord, and they served Baalim. And they left the Lord the God of their fathers, who had brought them out of the land of Egypt: and they followed strange gods, and the gods of the people that dwelt round about them, and they adored them: and they provoked the Lord to anger. Forsaking him, and serving Baal and Astaroth. And the Lord being angry against Israel, delivered them into the hands of plunderers: who took them and sold them to their enemies… (Jud 2:10–14) And the king said to him: Doth not Bel seem to thee to be a living god? Seest thou not how much he eateth and drinketh every day? 6 Then Daniel smiled and said: O king, be not deceived: for this is but clay within, and brass without, neither hath he eaten at any time. (Bel 5, 6) and the king said: I see the footsteps of men, and women, and children. And the king was angry. Then he took the priests, and their wives, and their children: and they shewed him the private doors by which they came in, and consumed the things that were on the table. The king therefore put them to death, and delivered Bel into the power of Daniel: who destroyed him, and his temple. (Bel 19–21) There is immense danger in worshiping false gods!

Regarding Masonry denying a religion, it does, because it admits non-Christians, & it tells all it admits they will go to heaven, but Jesus did not say, ‘I am A way, A truth, and A life: all men come to the Father, through Me or not’, but, Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me. (Jn 14:6) In this way, it says Jesus Christ lies & thus it denies His divinity & goodness, subsequently denying the true faith.

Messages In This Thread
[] - admin - 31-01-2008, 09:05 AM
[] - Basil 20 - 02-02-2008, 12:03 PM
[] - John Mark - 04-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Freemasonry - ianaird - 12-05-2008, 05:19 PM
[] - John Charmley - 13-05-2008, 02:00 AM
[] - Fr Gregory - 13-05-2008, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the Feedback - ianaird - 13-05-2008, 09:03 AM
RE: Thanks for the Feedback - G.E.Hoostal - 07-02-2013 05:49 AM
[] - admin - 13-05-2008, 12:24 PM
general conversation - Walter - 14-05-2008, 09:04 AM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved