The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BOC Study Day
03-05-2007, 05:27 PM
BOC Study Day
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

On 9 June we are planning to hold a BOC study day at St. Andrew's Church in Mickfield, Suffolk. You will find details on the Church in Living Fellowship

We shall shortly be putting the full programme on this site and the website, but I wanted to try to get it into peoples' diaries now, if we can.

Highlights will include Abba Seraphim speaking on the history of the BOC and on how he sees the future, and talks on Prayer and the Incarnation.

Full details of how to book, along with directions, will be posted soon - but we thought it not a bad idea to notify members of the BOF now.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)
08-05-2007, 09:11 PM
BOC Study Day: Provisional Programme
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

The Provisional Programme for the BOC Study Day
9 June 2007, St. Andrew's Church, Mickfield, Suffolk

10.00 Opening Words

10.15-10.45 Morning Prayer

10.45-11.15 Abba Seraphim on the British Orthodox Church

11.15-12.00 Peter Farrington: Christology

12.00-12.30 Testimony: John Charmley

12.30-1.30 Lunch

1.30 - 2.15 Prayer: [tba]

2.15 - 2.45 Moving Forward: Abba Seraphim

2:45 -3.15 Coffee

3.15-3.45 Vespers

Closing Words c. 4.00

I hope to be posting details of how to book asap. But I hope that having these details will help.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)
08-06-2007, 02:48 PM

08-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Study Day
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

A thank you to those who responded to the letters of invitation sent out locally - and an apology for not posting here, as promised, how to book!

Of course, all who can come are welcome. Fr. Simon will be talking on prayer - and I am very grateful to him for coming.

I hope that, inclement weather notwithstanding, we shall have a good day.

For those who do not know, St. Andrew's Church, Mickfield, is off the A140 about 10 miles south of Diss. We shall be starting about 10 - and if anyone is really early, Mark Wright and I will be doing a brief morning service at 9!

In Christ,

John

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved