The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum
Marian Munt attending Chatham - Printable Version

+- The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum (http://britishorthodox.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Lounge (/Forum-General-Lounge)
+--- Forum: General Conversation (/Forum-General-Conversation)
+--- Thread: Marian Munt attending Chatham (/Thread-Marian-Munt-attending-Chatham)

Marian Munt attending Chatham - Mark Fletcher - 10-03-2007 07:45 AM

My dear friend Marian Munt, a fellow member of the British Orthodox Fellowship, hopes to attend Raising of Incense and Divine Liturgy at St. Alban's, Chatham tomorrow. Please pray that the Lord will make known to her His Love and lead her to Salvation in Jesus. I will be coming along too, God willing, and pray that Marian will find the Presence of Jesus and the Power of the Holy Spirit, just as I have done, praise God.

Prayer - John Charmley - 10-03-2007 10:04 AM

Dear Mark,

You are both always in my prayers, but I shall add a special one for Marian's first experience of the Liturgy.

May it be for her, as for you (and for me) an epiphany. His will be done.

In Christ,

John

Thanks - Mark Fletcher - 10-03-2007 03:12 PM

Thank you so much, John, for your posting, prayers and on-line friendship. I am most grateful.

Light - Mark Fletcher - 11-03-2007 02:19 PM

Having attended Divine Liturgy this morning, Marian Munt told me that it was for her an experience of peace, stillness and Divine Light. She was particularly impressed by the ministry of Father Michael Robson. She said that she was very glad she went, and would like to go again. She is considering membership of the British Orthodox Church as a result of this attendance. I am so pleased, and pray that she will choose to become a member of the Church. May she choose to do God's Will. Amen.

Marian Munt - John Charmley - 11-03-2007 02:31 PM

Dear Mark,

I am glad.

You both deserve the peace and contentment that come from the embrace of the Church. It is not, in my experience, ever suffocating or restricting, and in it perfect freedom is to be found. To know that one is on the right path, and that on it there are other pilgrims to help if you need it, is a source of great comfort; and in this transitory life where there is so much of sorrow and of pain, His comfort is much needed.

We have, all of us, come to this place by varied routes; many of us are, I suspect, weary and stained by the travelling; many of us have probably despaired, more than once, of finding a way through the thickets that bar our way to spiritual growth: for all of us, the BOC is a light to guide us to the way. I am profoundly grateful to all those who keep this beacon lit, and I pray, daily, for them and for their great work in Christ. For that it is of Christ I have no doubt.

I am so glad that Marian felt what she felt this morning; may it grow, and may it be to her - and to you - a sign of what is to come. One thing for sure, if it is His will, it will be done.

Thank you so much for updating us - and my best wishes and prayers to you both.

In Christ,

John

- admin - 11-03-2007 07:31 PM

Dear Mark

I am very glad that Marian and yourself made it to Chatham today, and that it was an uplifting experience for her, and I hope for you.

I felt the liturgy to be especially spiritually enriching and enjoyed Father Michael's homily myself.

Thank you, and Marian, for worshipping with us. It was a blessing.

Peter