The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum
The 100-Minute Bible - Printable Version

+- The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum (http://britishorthodox.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Lounge (/Forum-General-Lounge)
+--- Forum: General Conversation (/Forum-General-Conversation)
+--- Thread: The 100-Minute Bible (/Thread-The-100-Minute-Bible)

The 100-Minute Bible - Mark Fletcher - 21-02-2007 08:15 PM

'The 100 Minute Bible' abridged by Rev'd. Dr. Michael Hinton, publisher: The 100-Minute Press, Mystole Farm, Canterbury, Kent CT4 7DB; First edition printed Sept. 2005, reprinted October 2005. ISBN: 0-9551324-0-1; 978-9551324-0-7.
See: http://www.the100-minutepress.co.uk

As the title states, this brief overview of the Bible can be read in 100 minutes. It's a 58 page paperback, measuring 21cm by 10cm. It simply, succinctly and elegantly provides "the overall story" contained in the Bible for people coming to it for the first time. It provides easy access to the central Christian story.

My reason for posting it here is that it could be of use to Fellowship members in all sorts of contexts and ways, for example in providing an enquirer with the basic message of the Bible without necessarily 'steering' them towards a particular denomination (although the British Orthodox Church would obviously be quite a wise choice!). I'm not suggesting that Fellowship members necessarily need it for their own personal usage of course. I do think it's very helpful to beginners like me in getting a grip on the basic message of the Bible without getting bogged down in all sorts of secondary issues at the outset.

I know Rev'd Dr. Michael Hinton by sight. He writes a rather good Christian column in a local newspaper - the Dover Express. He's a very humble man who has done a great service in writing this book, in my opinion. He's an Anglican clergyman.

If after reading it you wish to get in touch with him, his contact details are: 212 The Gateway, DOVER, Kent CT16 1LL, 01304 204198, e-mail:
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:michael@hintonm.demon.co.uk">michael@hintonm.demon.co.uk</a><!-- e -->

(The personal contact details were included in a note in Dover Library's copy, posted in it by the author himself)

100 minutes - John Charmley - 22-02-2007 08:55 PM

Dear Mark,

Thanks for this post - I have heard good things of this book. It is, I am told, as you indicate, a genuine and humble attempt to bring the main story of Christ to a wider public; anything that does that in this Godless society is to be applauded; may it be a light to the Gentiles (and others, so to speak).

In Christ,

John