The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum
Father Peter's Podcasts - Printable Version

+- The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum (http://britishorthodox.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Knowledgebase (/Forum-Knowledgebase)
+--- Forum: Education Support (/Forum-Education-Support)
+--- Thread: Father Peter's Podcasts (/Thread-Father-Peter-s-Podcasts)

Father Peter's Podcasts - Trevor Maskery - 08-02-2012 12:09 PM

I hadn't seen (heard should I say) until yesterday. But Father Peter has been producing a few postcasts on his Podbean.com page http://orthodoxfaith.podbean.com/

Just wondered what people thought of these?

They're very good recordings too

RE: Father Peter's Podcasts - Dougherty - 09-02-2012 05:37 AM

ive listened to a couple of them. I enjoyed them but being ADHD i get distracted because i tend to be drawn visually to things...

RE: Father Peter's Podcasts - DanielM - 17-02-2012 11:59 PM

I found his Podcast on St. Severus very interesting. It would be great if other Sermons (such as those on youtube) could be put up.

My only issue at the moment is that you cannot save the file to your computer of MP3 without being a member of the site they are kept on. I usually pick up sermons from sites to put onmy MP3 for the journey to work but these need tust be listened straight from the site.

RE: Father Peter's Podcasts - Trevor Maskery - 19-02-2012 06:39 PM

The work around to this is a bit fiddly (don't really want to post direct links as their pretty big files)

1. Download Safari (horrible Apple internet browser)
2. load up the page with the podcast you want eg: HERE
3. Press Ctrl + Alt + A on the keyboard or Window > Activity
4. Look for the file (generally at the bottom) with .mp3
5. Double click and it will open in a new window (you can File > Save As from here, Ctrl + S)
6. Enjoy/uninstall Safari Tongue

If Father Peter says I can, I can post the direct links but then you miss the accompanying article etc.

RE: Father Peter's Podcasts - DanielM - 19-02-2012 08:58 PM

Or as I just discovered, I can just click on where it says "audio MP3" and save it from there. Blush

RE: Father Peter's Podcasts - Dougherty - 20-02-2012 12:02 AM

(19-02-2012 08:58 PM)DanielM Wrote:  Or as I just discovered, I can just click on where it says "audio MP3" and save it from there. Blush
yeah i just say those down there too.... lol they are sneaky lil buggers