The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum
prayers for a close friend - Printable Version

+- The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum (http://britishorthodox.org/forum)
+-- Forum: News & Events (/Forum-News-Events)
+--- Forum: Prayer Requests (/Forum-Prayer-Requests)
+--- Thread: prayers for a close friend (/Thread-prayers-for-a-close-friend)

prayers for a close friend - Dougherty - 11-11-2011 05:43 AM

Hey so my friends brother recently converted into the EOC ironically enough, he is in need of some serious prayers his wife is seriously considering leaving him because her father does not want her with a white man. They are an asian family and have a lot of the traditional views her family still lives in Korea. Please pray that she will make the right choice and leave her father to cleave to her husband.

- Antony-Paul - 11-11-2011 11:35 AM

Hi Ferdia,

Yes indeed, they all have my prayers. It is a very sad situation, if his wife feels that she has to leave one or the other when she should be delighting in both husband and father. It must be heartbreaking for her, as well as your friend's brother.

I imagine it happens quite a lot, and so my prayers also extend to the general case of reconciliation between religions.

- DanielM - 13-11-2011 10:58 PM

I will certainly keep them both in my prayers.

RE: prayers for a close friend - Dougherty - 08-02-2012 02:19 PM

just a little update, things have improved greatly between the two! There is still no resolution but their relationship continues to improve which gives my friend hope!

RE: prayers for a close friend - Dougherty - 11-03-2012 08:49 AM

and another update, His wife decided she is now single and is getting a divorce. he is very hurt, he has been abused by her emotionally and physically and is in just a rough shape. He told me he feels like she murdered his spirit over the past year. Pray that God will make some good from this!