The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum
What does one do.. - Printable Version

+- The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum (http://britishorthodox.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Knowledgebase (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Ask a Question (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: What does one do.. (/showthread.php?tid=382)

What does one do.. - Flame - 05-04-2010 01:49 PM

I have been seriously converting to Orthodoxy for a while now. Unfortunately, I live no where near to church or group that I know of (West Midlands) and I have a disability that hinders regular extensive travel.. and so I'm wondering.. what does one do? Should I just become Anglican (I'm going through one of their courses right now..) and hope that Orthodoxy spreads to where I live? Sad

- John Charmley - 05-04-2010 02:19 PM

Dear Flame,

Welcome here.

That is not an uncommon problem, alas.

I would continue to learn all you can about Orthodoxy, and to continue in fellowship with us here

But that does not answer the question about which Church to attend. If you are comfortable with the C of E then by all means go where you find good fellowship. But it may be one of our priests has better advice.

In Christ,

John

- Simon - 05-04-2010 06:24 PM

Dear Flame,

A Church community or congregation does not have to be big - if I remember my Bible reading right, just three or even just two gathered together is the Gospel requirement. We have a catechumen in Redhill (I do not know, of course, how close that is to your location within the West Midlands) called Keith Bailey who is very enthusiastic about starting a mission or British Orthodox Fellowship for British people wanting Orthodoxy in the West Midlands and is really keen to contact others like him interested in British Orthodoxy. You can meeet for fellowship and if and when you should decide to join the British Orthodox Church arrangements can be explored for bringing you and the sacraments together. Do get in touch with Keith on <!-- e --><a href="mailto:keith.baileysfp@btopenworld.com">keith.baileysfp@btopenworld.com</a><!-- e -->
as he will be delighted to hear from you.

Simon

- Simon - 06-04-2010 12:51 PM

Apologies for any confusion I may have caused you, Flame, by my typo where I wrote that Keith Bailey was in Redhill. As he has pointed out to me I should have written Redditch.

Simon