The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum
A conference or Seminar - Printable Version

+- The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum (http://britishorthodox.org/forum)
+-- Forum: News & Events (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Prayer Requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: A conference or Seminar (/showthread.php?tid=34)

A conference or Seminar - forum - 08-12-2006 07:58 PM

Do you think it would be of interest for a seminar or conference to be held at some point in the coming year? As it would hope to atract people from all over the country it would have to be held at a central location and over several days. It has been suggested before but as we are now hopefully reaching a wider number of people, perhaps now is the time to explore the idea again. If this seems to be popular, a range of topics could be disscued later.

Jackie-Sarah Morrallee

Re: A conference or Seminar - John Charmley - 09-12-2006 12:12 AM

forum Wrote:Do you think it would be of interest for a seminar or conference to be held at some point in the coming year? As it would hope to atract people from all over the country it would have to be held at a central location and over several days. It has been suggested before but as we are now hopefully reaching a wider number of people, perhaps now is the time to explore the idea again. If this seems to be popular, a range of topics could be disscued later.

Jackie-Sarah Morrallee

Dear Jackie-Sarah,

What a very good idea. Perhaps something on the Oriental Orthodox tradition and its history? Once one starts thinking about the possible subjects, the list seems to go on and on - but on all sorts of grounds it would be good to get together and share what we have in Orthodoxy.

It would be good to hear from others on both the idea and possible topics.

In Christ,

John

- forum - 10-12-2006 03:35 PM

Dear John

Thank you for you encouraging reply. When you came to St.Felix I felt that you like myself, though now within the Orthodox Church, had a lot of exploring and growing to do. Our Christian journery of course is never done but when I dicovered the Orthodox Church, the door I had been searching for all my life had at last been open. I hope that this thirst for understanding of the rich blessing which my Church offers will also be echoed by many others. Though it was an error to write this in the Prayer Request, now I am not so sure, it would be a prayer answered if this idea should become a reality.

Jackie-Sarah

Conference or seminar - John Charmley - 10-12-2006 10:13 PM

Dear Jackie-Sarah,

I very much want to get over the St. Felix again, but circumstances conspire against it at the moment; but I am patient, and I am sure it will happen.

Indeed, I am rather in agreement with the idea that there is a sense in which this one is a prayer request!

It would be splendid if we could get members of the fellowship together, even for a day, so that we could explore the richness of Orthodoxy together. One of the greatest difficulties in being in this extended community is its scattered nature, so some seminar or conference might be a way of bringing us together.

I know that Peter Farrington has has this in mind, so let us test the waters.

In Christ,

John