The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum
i have a question about baptize - Printable Version

+- The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum (http://britishorthodox.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Knowledgebase (/Forum-Knowledgebase)
+--- Forum: Ask a Question (/Forum-Ask-a-Question)
+--- Thread: i have a question about baptize (/Thread-i-have-a-question-about-baptize--290)

i have a question about baptize - misa - 14-09-2008 01:09 AM

i just wanna know if is that possible or not i was born muslim but i got to be a Christian i believe orthodox Christianity for 5 years.cuz i feel good when i am at the orthodox church and other good things.i love jesus and for me its a best thing to be a good othodox.so does any priest baptize to someone who was a muslim?? anyway thanks all tthe best god bless us..

The Need for Baptism - Severus - 14-09-2008 06:14 AM

Baptism and Chrismation are the means by which one becomes a member of the Christian Church. All Orthodox Churches maintain the ancient tradition of triple immersion by a priest followed immediately by anointment with the Chrism or Myron, the special blessed oil. This follows the pattern of our Lord's baptism, where after He came out of the waters of the river Jordan, the Holy Spirit immediately descended upon him. This is the way of entry for all: pagan, Muslim, Hindu and (in the case of the Coptic Orthodox Church) even non-Orthodox Christians. If the desire to be baptised is there, no person - whatever their background or previous religious adherence - is refused.

Of course, instruction in the faith is a necessary preliminary and any issues about an incompatible lifestyle (such as polygamy) would need to be resolved.

i have a question about baptize - misa - 14-09-2008 11:58 AM

as much as i know i am determined person cuz i had to many problems bu i never give up to be Christian.i wanna be orthodox Christian but i m not baptism so could u recommend me a church and priest in london who might help me about that. teach me how to be a good Christian.if u can please help me .thanks for ur attention god bless u

- marc hanna - 09-04-2009 03:23 PM

I hope someone contacted this person.

Misa, if you are still looking, I will do what ever I can to help you. Where do you live? I know of some who have helped muslims convert before.

God bless,

Marc