The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum
Cheltenham Liturgy - Printable Version

+- The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum (http://britishorthodox.org/forum)
+-- Forum: News & Events (/Forum-News-Events)
+--- Forum: News and Events (/Forum-News-and-Events)
+--- Thread: Cheltenham Liturgy (/Thread-Cheltenham-Liturgy)

Cheltenham Liturgy - Robin Westwood - 01-06-2008 03:12 PM

It was indeed a great joy to have His Grace Abba Seraphim assisted by Father Simon of our Bournemouth mission celebrate the first BOC Midlands Fellowship 'Raising of Morning Incense' and the 'Liturgy of Saint James' at the Church of SS Philip & James, Up Hatherley, Cheltenham at noon yesterday 31st May.

It was indeed a beautiful day in every respect, and the service was attended by some local people, and from some from further away including Fr. Robert McBride who drove from Northamptonshire to attend.

I would again like to thank the Parish Priest Father Roger Raven SSC for his kind welcome to us yesterday and his continued support towards the Midlands Orthodox Fellowship, and the use of his lovely church.

Fourteen people attended in all, and my thanks must also go to Sheila Father Simon's wife who drove here yesterday morning with Simon from Portsmouth, and for organising the tea & biscuits after the service, which people enjoyed, and was very nice for us to network with afterwards.

I am hoping to join the local Interfaith group shortly where I can continue to develop and promote our BOC local group further in a ecumenical group of likeminded local people both lay and ordained.

I will of course continue my monthly Midlands Fellowship interest and prayer group on the second Tuesday of every month from 1900-2000hrs at the above church.

I hope and pray that in time we can develop more BOC missions throughout the UK.

Yesterday was indeed a great joy and much appreciated, I have much more work now to do, to develop further the Orthodox Faith in this area of beautiful Britain.

God Bless, with Thanks to the Lord for providing for yesterday.

Subdeacon Antony.

- admin - 02-06-2008 08:32 AM

Dear Antony

I am very pleased indeed that the liturgy was such a blessing to all involved.

I pray that the Lord will continue to bless your efforts in this part of England and will use you to establish a British Orthodox community according to His will.

Best wishes

Peter