The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum
A prayer for my parents in law - Printable Version

+- The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum (http://britishorthodox.org/forum)
+-- Forum: News & Events (/Forum-News-Events)
+--- Forum: Prayer Requests (/Forum-Prayer-Requests)
+--- Thread: A prayer for my parents in law (/Thread-A-prayer-for-my-parents-in-law)

A prayer for my parents in law - John Charmley - 19-04-2008 04:25 PM

My wife's mother, Mrs. Joyce Heap, who has been suffering from dementia for a while now, has had a serious fall (any fall is when you are in your 80s) and is currently in hospital in a very poor way; we are awaiting medical reports on the prognosis. My father-in-law, Tom, who is 86, and has been married to her for 55 years, is beside himself in worry.

Could I ask members of the Fellowship to remember them both in their prayers, and to add one for my wife, Rachael, who is their eldest child.

Thank you

In Christ,

John

- admin - 19-04-2008 06:29 PM

I'm very sorry to hear that John. And it must be stressful for you and Rachel.

I will certainly make sure that we pray for you all tomorrow at the liturgy and I will pray in my own prayers.

As ever

Peter

- Rick Henry - 20-04-2008 11:44 AM

Yes John, prayers for your wife, her mom and dad, and yourself.

In Christ,
Rick

- John Charmley - 20-04-2008 02:45 PM

Thank you both. She seems 'stable' which in these circumstances is said to be 'good'. But prayer is now all that will avail - but when is that not so?

In Christ,

John

Update - John Charmley - 24-04-2008 03:57 PM

Can I thank those who have added Joyce and Tom to their prayers. She is now officially out of danger - which is good news indeed.

Because of her dementia they will be keeping her in hospital for a while, but things are much better than they were.

Many thanks,

In Christ,

John

Update - John Charmley - 29-04-2008 07:04 AM

Thank you to all those who are remembering Tom and Joyce in their prayers.

The better news has turned out to be a false dawn. Joyce's position has deteriorated, and she has lost the use of her legs and is now confined to a wheelchair. It looks as though the choices for us are all pretty grim, with a nursing home being the most likely option.

Do remember them, and Rachael, in your prayers.

In Christ,

John

- admin - 29-04-2008 08:05 AM

May the Lord have mercy on you all, John

I will certainly add you all to my prayers.

As ever

Peter

- Rick Henry - 29-04-2008 10:27 AM

Yes, John, prayers for all of you during this time of transition.

In Christ,
Rick

- admin - 11-06-2008 08:43 PM

How are things with you John.

You have all been much in my prayers, and I am sure in the prayers of us all.

Your brother in Christ

Peter

- John Charmley - 11-06-2008 08:51 PM

Dear Peter,

Many, many thanks. Things continue painfully, both for Rachael and for her parents; but we must bear what is and seek for His comfort. Your prayers are a great support to us all.

In Christ,

John