The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum
Chatham Dedication Festival - Printable Version

+- The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum (http://britishorthodox.org/forum)
+-- Forum: News & Events (/Forum-News-Events)
+--- Forum: Forthcoming Events (/Forum-Forthcoming-Events)
+--- Thread: Chatham Dedication Festival (/Thread-Chatham-Dedication-Festival)

Chatham Dedication Festival - Severus - 01-04-2008 07:30 AM

Parish of St. Alban & St. Athanasius
St. Alban?s Walk, Ordnance Street,
Chatham, Kent.

DEDICATION FESTIVAL
(Sixth Anniversary)

Sunday, 6 April 2008

10.00 a.m. The Raising of Morning Incense

10.30 a.m. Divine Liturgy
during which
Reader Antony Westwood
will be ordained as
Subdeacon

Homily by Abba Seraphim,
Metropolitan of Glastonbury

All are welcome

- admin - 06-04-2008 06:52 PM

it was a great blessing to be at the liturgy today when several happy events coincided.

In the first place we were celebrating the sixth anniversary of the dedication of st alban's orthodox church at chatham. In the second place we were welcoming our bishop metropolitan seraphim. And in the third place we were fortunate to have antony westwood with us, who was being ordained as subdeacon.

The heavy snowfall kept many of our congregation away but those who were able to make it enjoyed witnessing antony entering into the next phase of his service to god with us.

It was a great joy to be joined this morning by father seraphim from london and deacon theodore over from france.

Peter

- John Charmley - 07-04-2008 08:32 AM

Dear Peter,

It sounds a joyous day; thank you for sharing this with us.

In Christ,

John

- Robin Westwood - 07-04-2008 09:46 AM

Dear Peter,

Yes, despite the awful weather conditions for a short time yesterday it truly was a very special day at St. Alban's Church. Thank you all for making me most welcome and it was a joy to see friends from London and France, again which made my day even more special.

I hope that we can have many more dedication fesitivals in the years to come at all the BOC places of worship. I also pray for more vocations to the British Orthodox Church in the future so that we may again share ordinations at our various missions around Britain.

Happy training and walking in Scotland in the days to come. See you at Mickfield in May.

God Bless,

Antony Robin