The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum
Greetings from a new member - Printable Version

+- The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum (http://britishorthodox.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Lounge (/Forum-General-Lounge)
+--- Forum: General Conversation (/Forum-General-Conversation)
+--- Thread: Greetings from a new member (/Thread-Greetings-from-a-new-member)

Greetings from a new member - Robert McBride - 31-03-2008 03:48 PM

I would like to say hello as a new member to both the Fellowship and this Forum.

My name is Robert McBride and I live in Kettering, Northants and I am a newcommer to Orthodoxy so please be patient with me. I am a retired NHS Senior Manager with a long work history as both a Registered Nurse and Manager.

I am also retired from active ministry as a one time Traditional Anglican Priest and laterally within the Old Catholic movement.

I attended the most wonderful service of Consecration yesterday at Stevenage led by H.H. Pope Shenouda. It was probably one of the most spiritually uplifting events I have ever attended (and believe me I have attended a few over the years!). Never before have I seen a congregation give its Spiritual Leader such an awefilled welcome as they led His Holiness into the Cathedral. Having never met the Bishop of Rome myself I believe yesterday must compare to any Audience given in St Mark's Square.

Whilst at Stevenage I also met with Aba Seraphim and a number of BOC clergy and laity and enjoyed a warm and friendly welcome once I had made my introductions. I hope to travel and join with congregations from Norfolk to Gloucestershire and hopefully beyond.

I look forward to joining in future debates on this Forum as well.

Blessings,

Robert+

Welcome here - John Charmley - 31-03-2008 04:44 PM

Dear Robert,

It was good to meet you yesterday, which was, as you say, a most uplifting and edifying occasion.

Do feel free to post any comments, questions or opinions; we're an eirenic and, I hope, friendly bunch here.

Such a shame there is not (yet?) a fellowship in Kettering or the area - but we are His instruments, and we pray for the opportunities to do His will.

It is great to have you here.

In Christ,

John

- Robin Westwood - 31-03-2008 07:30 PM

Dear Robert,

Welcome to the BOC Fellowship and Church, where you will be made most welcome by all.

Yes it is truly wonderful to witness such a moving experience as you did in Stevenage yesterday, a great rarity these days.

God Bless, and I hope that you have many more wonderful moments in Orthodoxy and the Coptic Church in the years to come.

In Christ,

Antony Robin,
BOC Fellowship Cheltenham

- Robert McBride - 01-04-2008 12:30 AM

Thank you John and Robin for your kind words of welcome and I look forward to contributing to debates.

It is a shame that at the moment the central midlands is a bit of a desert in terms of BOC presence but who knows. We will of course have to wait to see how the Holy Spirit works on this one perhaps?

In Him,

Robert+