The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum
Lazarus Banda - Printable Version

+- The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum (http://britishorthodox.org/forum)
+-- Forum: News & Events (/Forum-News-Events)
+--- Forum: Prayer Requests (/Forum-Prayer-Requests)
+--- Thread: Lazarus Banda (/Thread-Lazarus-Banda)

Lazarus Banda - kirk yacoub - 04-03-2008 09:17 AM

I ask everyone to pray for Lazarus Banda who fled to the UK from Zimbabwe in 2003 having been tortured by that country's political police.
Although he has no home to return to, because the authorities in Zimbabwe have demolished the family home and forcibly split up his family, he is still in danger of being deported from the UK. Currently he is being sheltered by the Carmelite Friars at Aylesford Priory, Kent.

My wife asks that your prayers be directed through the late John Bradburne, a third order Franciscan who lived a life similar to the Desert Fathers and who served the inmates of a leper colony in Zimbabwe for many years before being murdered in 1979. He is currently having his case for canonization reviewed by the Vatican.

For those of you who are able to find other assistance for Lazarus Banda, through local MPs, journalists or anyone else who can help, his Home Office Reference number is W1074782, Port Reference LBF/429285.
His telephone number will be given to those who contact me.

Kirk Yacoub

Lazarus Banda - kirk yacoub - 04-03-2008 10:02 AM

SORRY - the Port Reference should be LBE/429285

Kirk Yacoub

lazarus banda - kirk yacoub - 18-09-2008 08:16 AM

With thanks to all those who have prayed for Lazarus Banda I need to now explain that, despite hundreds of signatures collected on petitions in the North Kent area, and despite a very strong case presented to the Home Office by the MP Jonathan Shaw, Mr Banda was once again denied the right to work in the UK, without any explanation given.
Mr Banda needs to work in order to support his family in Zimbabwe who have been reduced to having food only once in three days.
Mr Banda's greatest fear is that, with the recent cosmetic changes given to the Mugabe regime, the Home Office will use this as an excuse to deport him to Zimbabwe, which would mean certain death.
I therefore ask everything to pray for him and his family, asking also, that if anyone knows anyone with any political/legal clout, please ask them to help.
Kirk Yacoub