The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum
An Amuzing Christmas lineup - Printable Version

+- The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum (http://britishorthodox.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Lounge (/Forum-General-Lounge)
+--- Forum: General Conversation (/Forum-General-Conversation)
+--- Thread: An Amuzing Christmas lineup (/Thread-An-Amuzing-Christmas-lineup)

An Amuzing Christmas lineup - Louis - 15-12-2007 05:37 PM

Just thought id tell everyone about my multi-Christian line up for Christmas, it should be rather fun!

Due to Father Anthony's retirement to Scotland the Christmas eve service is no longer on at Saint Felix but I shall be attending the service for the 23rd. On Christmas eve itself I shall be attending an Anglican carol service followed by a Catholic service with my girl friend, Laura, and her family. Having dragged Laura along to a British orthodox service before and insisted she stay through the bible study I think I owe to go with her family for Christmas eve, and besides as I have said there are no Orthodox services on for that evening. Finally on Christmas morning I will be going with my mother to another anglican church of which I used to go with my grandmother and grandfather.

I must say I shall be worn out by the end. The Catholic mass shall be interesting, but don't worry I firmly remain loyal to the pure (as Anne put very well) Orthodox Church!

Just thought that was an amuzing little lineup. Hope everyone has a fun Christmas.

- AnneBradburn - 15-12-2007 07:16 PM

Well Louis,

Firstly may I say - pleased to meet you - and give you a virtual handshake.

I think I will be at Lichfield Cathedral. But my heart aches to be in the Orthodox tradition of our Holy Land, to worship as our ancestors in Christ worshipped and not to receive man-made taint to my worship. Rather dramatic but true.

I have managed to convince my husband to some to the Crib Service and this will be the first time I ever got him into a church - that I couldn't do even for our wedding!!!

Maybe he sees the light shining through me and is drawn to the light? I hope so.

Merry Christmas

Anne

Christmas services - John Charmley - 15-12-2007 10:33 PM

Dear Anne,

That sounds good - and I'm sure your husband will see the light that shines in you.

We are, of course, all sinners, but one of the things about the Orthodox view is that it sees the Church as a spiritual hospital in which our hurts can receive the best treatment - the love of God; may it be so with you.

In Christ,

John