The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum
BOC Study Day - Printable Version

+- The British Orthodox Church - Fellowship Forum (http://britishorthodox.org/forum)
+-- Forum: News & Events (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: News and Events (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: BOC Study Day (/showthread.php?tid=105)

BOC Study Day - John Charmley - 03-05-2007 05:31 PM

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Just to alert you to the 'Forthcoming events' thread where you will find notice of our forthcoming Study Day on 9 June.

Further details to follow.

In Christ,

John

Study Day - John Charmley - 09-06-2007 07:57 PM

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

We shall be posting a fuller report on today's Study Day at Mickfield, but as a comment, I would like to post here my thanks to all concerned - especially to Abba Seraphim, whose talks inspired us; to Peter Farrington, whose talk on Christology was the most pellucid explanation of that complex subject I have heard, and which we shall be publishing in various formats (watch out for this and get it!); and to Fr. Simon, whose talk on prayer was profound and moving.

We are all most grateful to Mark Wright at St. Andrew's Church, who not only provided the perfect venue, and lunch, but whose kindness made the whole day possible.

To any one wondering whether to hold such an event I can return only one answer - yes.

As I say, we shall be posting some details on the site, but before the sun goes down on today, I want to express my thanks to all concerned - both speakers and audience. That we were able to finish off with a cream tea seemed very orthodox!

In Christ,

John